HISTORY OF THE STATE BANK OF CHILTON
The State Bank of Chilton was founded on April 19, 1891
with initial capital of $27,000.00. William Connell, founder and
first President of the bank, was a farmer from South Germantown, WI
who immigrated from Ireland in 1836. The original bank building was
located on East Main Street next to St. Mary's church.
In 1893, William Connell's son, T.E. Connell, the
institution's original Cashier and General Manager, became the
bank's second President.
The State Bank of Chilton enlarged and remodeled their
facility in 1912 to meet the expanding needs of the Chilton area.
L.P. Fox became the bank's third President in 1935. He was
the only bank President who was not a member of the institution's
In 1937, the State Bank of Chilton moved to its' present
location at 26 East Main Street. During 1937, T.E. Connell's son,
A.B. Connell, was elected President. He became the bank's fourth
President and was born the same day the State Bank originally opened
In 1948, a vacant lot was purchased across from the bank.
The lot was developed into a parking lot for its' customers and is
still used today.
In 1959, the bank added auto banking to its' services
offered. Today, three drive-up lanes are available, along with a
drive-up automated teller machine (ATM) on premise and off premise
at 1217 East Chestnut Street (Economart parking lot).
In 1962, A.B. Connell's son-in-law, G.G. Bloomer, became
the fifth President of the State Bank of Chilton.
The bank was extensively remodeled and expanded in 1979.
In 1982, G.G. Bloomer's son, Thomas A. Bloomer, was elected
President of the State Bank of Chilton and serves in that capacity today.
Calumet Bancorporation, Inc. (a one-bank holding company) was formed in 1985.
In 1988, the State Bank of Chilton landscaped
the property on the comer of Main and Madison Streets to include a
message center and fountain.
In 1996, a Trust Department was established.
The bank also began offering alternative investments, as well as,
discount brokerage services.
HISTORY OF THE STATE BANK OF STOCKBRIDGE
The State Bank of Stockbridge was chartered on
August 5, 1905. Dr. G.P. McKenney was the first President elected
and served in that capacity until 1910, when Theo. Manderscheid was
elected President. In 1911, the stockholders sold their entire
shares of stock and T.E. Connell was elected President and served in
that capacity until 1935, when A.H. Flatley became the next elected
President with John B. Flatley succeeding him in 1956. Due to the
illness of John B. Flatley, he was replaced by Bernard Flatley as
President in January 1957. The Flatley family sold the bank in 1957
and G.G. Bloomer was elected the President. He served in that
capacity until 1982, when his son, Thomas A. Bloomer, became the
bank's Chief Executive Officer.
The bank originally was located on Lake Street
in a building owned by Mrs. Dorothy Knauf. In 1915, a new bank
building was constructed at 112 N. Military Rd. and occupied until
June of 1991 when the State Bank of Stockbridge opened its' new
location at 401' W. Lake St. featuring the Villages' first drive up
As of close of business on December 31, 2000,
the State Bank of Chilton and the State Bank of Stockbridge merged
and the State Bank of Stockbridge became a branch of the State Bank
The State Bank of Chilton is proud of its'
heritage and growth and continually strives to improve each year.